Monday, July 7, 2008

Exposition 2

Alright, so it's come to light that I'm going to Cavan for holidays, pretty much as I'd expected, but what's a bit of a surprise is that M--- is going to Kenmare. Being his reference person I'd expected that I'd be going wherever he were going, although I can see logistical reasons as to why it makes more sense to have W--- (male assistant) going with him. Anyway, we've got a great bunch of lads going to Cavan, but it may well be a learning experience in dealing with a different kind of difficulty than I've been used to in this house. Certainly the problems may be more mental than physical in certain cases, and I'm keen for the challenge though I'm a little bit nervous. (Naturally.) However, I think the worst I can expect is getting cussed out on occasion and I think I'm okay with that, in terms of emotional resilience. Truthfully, I've never been afraid of anyone here, and I'm grateful for that. Sadly I can't say the same for certain other people. :( I just wish it were easier for some people to get along, and that people who are capable of thinking of others would. It's not fair and it's not right--these are homes that we share.

...aaand now I need to go listen to Flowers for Margaret. Again. The "it's not right" sticks in my head. Whoo.

P.S. They're announcing who'll be taking over R---'s position for the next year, and while we all expect it'll be K---, we could still be surprised.

Off to take a shower. Another Monday, and there's too much to do. Team meeting, cleaning, shopping...
Are there ever hours enough in the day?

ETA: Oh my gosh, we were surprised. N--- has come out of nowhere, but the choice seems good and logical. Some people are complaining due to there being issues in the house where N--- lives, citing that she is needed there, but...this is really a good move, I think. One could argue that N--- will probably still live there, and still have a dealing in what problems arise in that house, and her new position will give her more sway, indeed; and more power for when it comes to solving problems. She'll just be doing less laundry and more office work, perhaps. I wish everyone wouldn't act like she's the only competent one in any of the connected houses because they're all very capable people and petty personal problems may taint things and the situation really isn't so dire as it may seem.

No comments: